A Hike in Breckenridge Colorado:Part 2

 A Hike in Breckenridge Colorado:

Part 2:

Another hike today. Not too far from the one we did yesterday. A bit shorter distance. Weather was just as nice. The terrain was slightly different. There was no flowing stream or waterfall along the trail. More tree roots were visible on the ground on the path, and less gravel. Probably a little more wildflowers and also pine cones in various shapes and sizes. Saw a few more birds today and some squirrels.

As I walked I could see ants on the ground. I realized within me the inherent arrogance of a human to tread the planet without watching under the feet. Who knows how many such hard working ants have been trampled under my feet for all these years? The thought hadn’t even crossed my mind while walking. 

I was reminded again that thoughts are pointers to awareness. Once there is awareness, the job of the thought is done. 

It’s a wonderful thing to be living with awareness. 

To do no conscious harm to another thing outside our physical space is a basic law of existence. I wonder if the humans who harm others are truly conscious? Can a conscious human harm another being for no good reason? Does unconscious living serve a purpose? I don’t know. Just curious. 




















Saree today was another weave from West Bengal, a mix of jute and cotton. The scarf I’m wearing around the neck is a gift of love from a dear friend in Mumbai, Shernaz Lilaowala. We were introduced to each other through our love for sarees. 




Comments

Popular Posts