All Lives Matter:Part 1
So yesterday we had a brief power outage. I had to step out of home to get phone coverage.
When I walked out, a tiny something got startled and began to scurry in front of me and within seconds got from the grass on my front lawn on to the road. I went closer and began to admire this tiny jeev. I watched it, photographed it as I tend to do frequently. Was almost having my own silent conversation with it when I saw a service van enter our quiet street. The driver saw me out on the road near the pavement and stopped a few feet away to gauge my next move. Instead of stepping away from the road I let him wait and shooed the tiny lizard away from the road or he would have killed it. Once it was away from danger I waved the driver to proceed. I’m sure he still doesn’t know what was happening with this crazy woman on the street. The lizard was impossible for him to detect from that distance. It was so camouflaged.
The heightened sensitivity to all things gets problematic at times.
I very well know that all things are going to die. But to let them die when they have a chance at life is not something I can do.

Comments
Post a Comment