Big Bang: Real or Imagined? :Part 3
Big Bang: Real or Imagined? :
Part 3:
Another thing that got me thinking after hearing Mr. Al Khalili speak about entropy is when he gave example of the kids’ rooms. “children’s bedroom get messier”Then he quips: “unless intervened from outside!”
At one place he has used the word “ statistical inevitability “ to explain the unidirectional movement of time from a state of low to high entropy.
The piece I found missing in his talk is the attempt to reconcile between a “ statistical inevitability “ and the possibility entertained in “unless intervened from outside!”
Here’s my thought about this apparent paradox. And it is coming not from scientific experiments but simply from personal life experience and deep thought that went into it. Asking how, why, change began to happen. The trajectory was different. What made it change? Intervention happened without doubt. And noone but me knows best how life began to change. It simply reversed its normal course and sort of started to move towards the source, rather than away from it.
As if some force began to put that messy children’s room back together. It is not even done yet. It is still working on navigating the ship back to the dock.
I think whether it is ordinary human beings, philosophers or scientists, they are all trying to figure out the source. Where did it all start? They may not agree with each other over the methods employed to find the answer but the question remains the same in its essence.
I do not know the answer to the question. But I do know a few things first hand.
One that the experience of pure consciousness devoid of thoughts is possible.
Two, that there is an interface that can be observed where absence of thoughts transforms into presence of thought.
I simply am aware that this happens. I don’t have the answer to how it happens. It is just as natural as an embryo forming in a woman’s womb and slowly growing into a baby. Whether prior to the thought there is a comparable process like an ovum meeting a sperm , I have no idea. But this much I know that one moment there is pure consciousness and next moment there is a thought that appears like a cloud in the sky. That thought grows and gives birth to more thoughts. And mind gets toys to play with. Sometimes the heap gets so big that those toys tumble down on the mind. It learns to pick itself and start playing again.
Third thing I know with certainty is that if the thought of “me”tries to remain within close proximity of the pure consciousness I stay out of trouble. My “house” remains fairly tidy. The more I am keeping close to that clear sky, the tidiness in my house is getting better each day.
So I know firsthand that entropy can go in both directions. But one direction needs conscious intervention. Not just conscious intervention but acknowledgement of consciousness. The commonly observed direction of entropy by serious scientists is occurring within subconscious space.
The source is one for everyone of us. Our labels for it are different. Our methods of finding our way to it are different. Perhaps even the objectives are different. I wanted to go there. Others simply want to understand that place without wanting to go there. They are happy to be where they are. That’s perfectly fine.
There is no reason to have the same goals.
There are many additional things I have experienced during my efforts to reach my source. I got insights into human behavior and also how it gets modified as it draws closer to the source. How its ability to understand a fellow being in creation improves exponentially as it moves in that direction opposite to the flow of creation.
It is not just fascinating it is also rewarding.
The insights and discoveries are intriguing but in some sense useless for me. Because “me” itself gets reduced to being just a thought in the clear blue sky. There is no “me” to claim that label. So who’s going to make use of the insights and discoveries?
These are just there.

Comments
Post a Comment