Morning Walk
Morning Walk:
A 30 minute walk in the mornings when I stay overnight in Tehachapi are enchanting. Cooler weather than in Bakersfield is a relief beyond any words. A road that is wide open to walk without having to dodge too many passersby or cars. A nice occasional surprise when a freight train passes on one side. The morning sun in a mood for playfulness with me and my phone camera. A little shedding of guilt surrounding inactivity with this uncharacteristic pumping in the legs and heart and lungs and a few stretches before turning back to the hotel. And then the ability to indulge in my most favorite pastime: musing!!
Today’s musings!
Reality.
Science fiction.
Fiction.
Life without form = Reality( unverifiable by science)=Non fiction
Movement in Reality that can be verified by science= science fiction
Movement that cannot be verified by science= fiction
Of course scientists are going to bash me freely with my definitions.
That brought me to write about my other musings:
If I speak I’m damned.
If I don’t speak, I’m damned.
If I act, I’m damned.
If I don’t act, I’m damned.
I have the choice which way to get damned! Might as well exercise the choice each time.
Why do I live!?
To learn.
The day all breaths are spent, God decided that I’ve learned as much as I was allowed to.
If the bug of teaching infests me at any moment, the two guinea pigs God has sent to me are my kids. I can try to teach them whatever I feel like. They know by now what to ignore.
What else was I musing about?
That there is a permanent reality in each of us and a temporary/relative reality in each of us. The permanent reality is shared between all.
Like living in a house that stands on a single plot of land. But each one has their own room and decor in the same house.
That was enough for 30 minutes ? It probably squeezed in some more but I can’t recollect everything. So let’s do with this much.
——————————————————-
Unexpectedly a part 2 was in store for today’s morning walk. No uber ride was available to take me from the hotel to the workplace. So I was back on the road. This time with more than just phone in hand. The clothes bag, the food bag and the purse balanced on each shoulder and one hand, I waddled my way. The good thing about it was mind was again on the loose to muse.
This time what were the musings?
I was thinking of Al Khalili’s talk on Time. What would I ask him if I actually met him in person? Have you in any of your talks discussed the theoretical reconciliation of what you stated was a statistical inevitability of entropy increasing from present to future and the casually implied possibility of intervention having a role to reverse the direction of entropy?
If he asked me why I think that it is absolutely possible I would say that I have experienced it from a humanist standpoint. A human endeavor to turn course of thought towards the source of thought ( consciousness) made a perceptible difference in the entropy of thoughts. Drawing parallels between thought energy and matter it should be possible and therefore change statistical inevitability of entropy being unidirectional to statistical possibility of entropy being bidirectional.
What would that imply for applied science? For now, that’s your job to find out. 😄. I am happy needling you. 😅
From a humanist point of application, lowered entropy has allowed me to understand the reality of people other than myself. Consciousness allows what thought doesn’t.

Comments
Post a Comment