The Pain Body: Part 2
The Pain Body: Part 2
The discussion about the pain body brought to my mind another beautiful song from the olden times.
This one was picturized on a very graceful Meena Kumari and the mild demeanored Pradeep Kumar in the film Arati. Lyrics penned by Majrooh Sultanpuri and sung by Mohammed Rafi and Lata Mangeshkar.
आपने याद दिलाया तो मुझे याद आया
के मेरे दिल पे पडा था कोई गम का साया
मैं भी क्या चीज हूं खाया था कभी तीर कोई
दर्द अब जाके उठा चोट लगे देर हुई
तुमको हमदर्द जो पाया तो मुझे याद आया
के मेरे दिल पे पडा था कोई गम का साया
आपने याद दिलाया
मैं जमींपर हूं न समझा न परखना चाहा
आसमां पर ये कदम झूमके रखना चाहा
आज जो सर को झुकाया तो मुझे याद आया
के मेरे दिल पे पडा था कोई गम का साया
आपने याद दिलाया
मैंने भी सोंच लिया साथ निभाने के लिये
दूर तक आऊंगी मैं तुमको मनाने के लिये
दिल ने एहसास दिलाया तो मुझे याद आया
के मेरे दिल पे पडा था कोई गम का साया
आपने याद दिलाया
Aapne yaad dilaya toh mujhe yaad aaya
Ke mere dil pe pada tha koi gam ka saya
I remembered when you reminded me
That there was this shadow of sadness hanging over my heart.
Main bhi kya cheez hoon khaya tha kabhi teer koi
Dard ab ja ke utha chot lagay der hui
I am something else! I was pierced once by a sharp arrow. I am feeling the pain now when it’s been long since I was hurt.
Tum ko humdard jo paya toh mujhe yaad aaya
Ke mere dil pe pada tha koi gam ka saya
Aapne yaad dilaya
Finding an empathetic partner in you, I was reminded of the shadow of pain in my heart. You reminded me of it.
Mein zameen par hoon na samjha na parakhna chaha
Aasman par yeh kadam jhoom ke rakhna chaha
I was an earthling like anyone else, but I didn’t see it that way nor care to find out.
I carried big dreams to soar in the sky ( keeping myself from reality).
Aaj jo sar ko jhukaya toh mujhe yaad aaya
Ke mere dil pe pada tha koi gam ka saya
Aapne yaad dilaya
Today when I was overcome by humility I remembered the shadow of pain lingering over my heart. You reminded me about it.
Maine bhi soch kiya saath nibhane ke liye
Dur tak aaoongi mein tum ko manane ke liye
I too have made up my mind that I will be your companion ( in this journey). I will walk the long road to be the voice of comfort you may need.
Dil ne ehsaas dilaya toh mujhe yaad aaya
Ke mere dil pe pada tha koi gam ka saya
Aapne yaad dilaya
Now that my heart has made me aware, I too remember the shadow of sadness that had been within me. You have reminded me of it.
——————————————————-
It takes one compassionate soul in our lives to unload the deepest of things we carry in our hearts. Sometimes when there is no fellow human to speak to us in the language of compassion it can come as a surprise that we are surrounded by a very alive, very vigilant, very caring consciousness that draws us into its protective arms and makes us purge the repressed sadness and gives us a fresh lease of life that is lighter and happier and filled with purpose and direction that we never knew before. We would never know had we not experienced it first hand. And what we experience is often not possible to fully express in words for another human to experience. To know the sweetness of honey the other person must taste it. All you can tell them is believe me and taste it yourself. It is sweet. It will change your life.

Comments
Post a Comment